By now most of the hard work is done. The yard has been raked, the garden has been fertilized and the flowers have been planted. It’s time to sit back and enjoy your efforts, right? Well, that’s mostly true.
There are some things that can help to keep your garden looking beautiful. Here are 6 steps to a beautiful garden:
- Remove spent flowers to encourage more bloom. Fiskars makes a small micro tip pruner perfect for the job.
- Keep an eye out for bugs on plants. They enjoy your thriving garden too. Safer and Bonide makes a number of products that can take care of most pests.
- Fertilize your flowers, it will keep them blooming. Look for fertilizers that contain more phosphorous, such as Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster.
- Mow your lawn to 2 ½ inches. The taller grass will help to keep the soil from drying out as quickly.
- With the warm weather your garden looses moister to evaporation. Water early in the morning or late in the day. However, water on leaves overnight can lead to powdery mildew.
- Pour yourself a cool drink, sit back and enjoy our beautiful Tahoe Summer.