Driveway sealing is an easy and cost effective way to protect and prolong the life of your driveway. Asphalt surfaces are particularly susceptible to wear and tear, especially from the harsh winters we have in Truckee. Sealing your driveway at regular intervals gives it added protection and helps it last longer.
It’s important to keep up on regular maintenance, including asphalt sealing, in order to fend off major projects such as repaving a crumbling asphalt surface. Sealing your driveway has many benefits. One way the sealer benefits your driveway is it helps repel water. Once you have cracks in your driveway, water can further damage it. This is especially true in cold climates where it expands and contracts with freezing temperatures. Other enemies of your driveway include sunlight and oxygen. By regularly applying a quality driveway sealer like Henry’s, you can prevent water, sunlight, and air from permeating your asphalt and prevent these problems.
Henry Driveway Sealers are time-tested and proven to last long and withstand all weather conditions. In addition to protecting your driveway, Henry driveway sealers enhance your home’s landscape and appearance. And with easy do-it-yourself solutions, Henry is your #1 choice to protect and renew your driveway!
Here are 3 Steps to a beautiful driveway, recommended by Henry Driveway Sealer:
- Sweep off dust, dirt and loose stones
- Cut back grass or weeds on edges and from cracks
- Scrub oil and grease spots with detergent and a stiff brush
- Hose area and sweep away puddles
- Repair small cracks up to 1⁄2″ wide with Crack Repair or Filler — fill to surface level
- Fix larger cracks over 1⁄2″ wide and potholes with Pothole Patch
- Remove loose debris and fill just above surface using a trowel
- Compact mix by tamping on it
- Choose the right driveway sealer for your driveway condition
- Use a quality brush applicator, applying in a consistent pattern for a professional finish.
For questions on driveway sealing or to purchase Henry Driveway Sealer, head over to Mountain Hardware and Sports. We would be more than happy to help!