Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with one of the tastiest ways to celebrate – corned beef & cabbage! This Traeger Beer Braised Corned Beef & Irish Vegetables is a fun take on the holiday classic. With a quick prep time and long smoke time, it’s sure to be the best Irish-inspired meal you’ve ever had – but don’t take our word for it.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 7 hours
- 5 1/3 Pound corned beef brisket flat, fat cap at least 1/4 inch thick
- 16 Ounce Guinness beer
- 1 1/3 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/3 Tablespoon pickling spice
- 2/3 Medium onion/chopped
- 5 1/3 Clove garlic, minced or smashed
- 5 1/3 Carrots, peeled and cut into 3/4inch slices
- 1 1/3 Pound small red potatoes, washed, halved, and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2/3 Head cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 1/3 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 180℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke if available.
- Place the corned beef brisket fat-side up on the grill and smoke for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, increase Traeger temperature to 250℉ and preheat for 15 minutes.
- Place the corned beef in a Dutch oven or large pot and add in the brown sugar, pickling spice, onion, and garlic cloves.
- Pour in the Guinness. Cover the pan tightly and let it braise for about 4 to 5 hours, or until tender. Turn the brisket over halfway through the cooking time.
- About an hour before the brisket is done, add in the chopped carrots, cabbage, potatoes, thyme, and cook covered for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Allow the meat to rest for at least 10 minutes before you slice and serve. Enjoy!
We hope you love this Traeger Beer Braised Corned Beef & Vegetables recipe. Be sure to check out our other great recipes here!