Bring some saucy, smokey, zesty delicious Traeger air-fried wings to your next get-together or family dinner with Employee Owner Betsy Farley’s smoked spicy lime wing recipe!
Air Fried Smoked Spicy Lime Wings
- 7.5lbs chicken wingettes
- Bag of Reserve Blend Traeger Pellets
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 Teaspoons chili powder
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 Teaspoons garlic powder
- Hot Sauce Mixture
- 2 Cups Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 Stick butter
- Put wings in a large Tupperware and add olive oil and lime juice + dry ingredients and shake wings to coat.
- Let sit overnight if possible – otherwise, 2 or so hours will do.
- Smoke on your Traeger at 180º for 2hrs.
- While your wings are smoking, take 2 cups of your Frank’s hot wing sauce and add it to a pot on the stove with 1 stick of butter. Cook on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- After the wings are done on the Traeger, coat them with your hot sauce mixture (leave a bit of sauce left for after the air fryer).
- Put the wings in the air fryer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes is up, coat them in the hot sauce mixture again and squeeze 1/2 lime of the wings, and mix all together once more.
We hope you loved this Traeger/air fryer recipe from Employee Owner Betsy! Be sure to check out our other great recipes here!