A classic holiday cookie with a hint of wood-fired fun. Cook these chocolate cookies on a Traeger for your family, or surprise someone with a new twist to make you the star of the cookie club.
Chocolate Cookies on a Traeger
PREP TIME: 10-15 Minutes + Refrigeration time
COOK TIME: 10-13 Minutes
- 1/2 cup cocoa unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs XL
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini kisses or baking chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, add cocoa, sugar, vegetable oil and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and mix to combine. Add vanilla extract and baking chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, mix until dough forms.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Load Traeger with reserve blend pellets and set temp to 350 degrees.
- Put powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Scoop cookie dough using 2 tbsp spoon and roll into a ball.
- Put the dough ball into powdered sugar and roll to coat. Place onto cookie sheet.
- Place in Traeger and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or desired doneness.
- Remove from Traeger and allow to properly cool before enjoying.